We can feel it – the summer is coming. The sun is shining, trees and flowers are blooming and some people are already wearing bikinis on their balconies, trying to catch a tan. Going outside and spending some time in the nature makes us feel fresh and healthy.
Sadly, this summer we might not be able to spend as much time outside as we would like to. But not just fresh air, also fresh and healthy food can make us feel good and refreshed. Especially spermidine-rich food can give us and our cells that extra kick. In order to bring that feeling to your home, we have created a cell refreshing salad recipe for you!
Ingredients (for 4 portions)
- 250 grams of mushrooms
- 100 grams of aged cheese, e.g. cheddar
- 250 grams of grapes
- 2 apples
- A handful of walnuts
- vinegar and oil
- various lettuces
- Preheat oven to 140 degrees. Wash the mushrooms thoroughly and seperate the stems, sprinkle mushrooms and stems with oil.
- Fill mushrooms with pieces of cheddar and leave in the oven until the cheese has melted. We also use the stems: simply cut them into small strips and add them (they make nice chips).
- Wash and halve the grapes and mix them with the lettuce and the walnuts. Add a finely chopped apple, grate the other apple finely and make a dressing with vinegar and oil. This can also be seasoned with a dash of mustard.
- Arrange everything on plates, garnish with mushroom chips and serve the stuffed mushrooms on the salad.
- And now: enjoy!
Do you want more? Polenta also contains spermidine – with fine polenta slices the salad can be more filling. Also, you can serve the salad with a piece of wholegrain bread.